Benefits of Goats Milk Internally and Externally
Unfortunately we don't hear about goat milk very often - much less what its benefits are. Hopefully after reading this - you will have a better understanding of goat milk and its benefits across the board.
- Fat molecules that are in goats milk are substantially smaller - meaning that it is much easier to break down in your digestive system as opposed to the fat molecules found in raw cows milk.
- Goats milk is less allergenic - most children under the age of 3 have an allergic reaction to cows milk - to the point of diarrhea, vomiting and in worse cases anaphylactic shock. This reaction can be blamed on Alpha s1 Casein found in high levels in cow’s milk. Goats milk contains 89% less Alpha s1 Casein and in a recent study - 93% of infants could drink goats milk with little to no side effect.
- Goats milk seldom causes lactose intolerance - while all milk contains "milk sugar" - goat milk contains less of it - making it easier to digest than cows milk.
- Goat milk is rich and creamy; however you may come across someone speaking from experience of drinking goat's milk and it tasting "goaty" - there are a few reasons: there is a buck close by, your milk has set in the frig a little longer, you didn't get it cooled down fast enough, a goats diet and certain types of breeds tend to have a "goatier" taste, such as the Toggenburg. Aside from these - you have a rich creamy taste of fresh goats milk.
- Goat Cheese has more of the vitamins and minerals than a cows cheese. It's richer in essential nutrients Vitamin A, Vitamin B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin and as stated above - less lactose and slightly different protein structure; which would make it easier to digest.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST - SOAP - SOAP - SOAP and MORE SOAP
- Vitamins: Goat milk is particularly high in Vitamin A which is good for maintaining healthy skin, reduce fine lines, wrinkles, control acne, and ease the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis. Your not going to get that with water based chemically induced commercial soaps.
- Minerals: believe it or not; goat's milk has beneficial minerals like Selenium(which is also an important nutrient for goats), it helps to prevent damage to the skin from to much sun, and scientists believe that it plays an important role in preventing skin cancer(source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4394462/ )
- Alpha-Hydroxy Acids: Goat milk contains Alpha-Hydroxy Acids that help remove dead skin cells from your skins surface. This gives an opportunity for new skins cells to form making your skin not only healthier, but smoother and younger looking. The lactic acids are so effective at breaking down the bonds that hold the dead skin cells together and assists in reducing irritation, all while keeping your skin hydrated.
- Cream: the cream that comes from goats milk is incredibly moisturizing for your skin. The fat molecules boosts the moisturizing quality of the soap keeping it naturally moisturized and this really pays off during those harsh winter months or beach side summers.
- PH Levels: goat milk has a pH level similar to humans; therefore making it easier to be absorbed into the skin with less irritation than water based commercial soaps - keeping bacteria at bay.
- Want to know more about the benefits of Goat's Milk Soap? Check out this article written by the Huffington Post: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/sharon-t-mclaughlin-md-facs/what-is-the-benefit-of-go_b_9286700.html